Office: MEYR 464
Ph.D. University of California, Irvine 2008; M.S. University of California, Irvine 2006
I am interested in developing new lab experiments for the undergraduate curriculum and incorporating inquiry-based instruction into the chemistry lab and the lecture hall. I also participate in chemistry outreach and demonstrations for primary school students, and direct professional development courses for high school chemistry teachers.
- S.A. Mang, D.K. Henricksen, A.P. Bateman, M.P.S. Andersen, D.R. Blake, and S.A. Nizkorodov. ‘Contribution of Carbonyl Photochemistry to Aging of Atmospheric Secondary Organic Aerosol’, The Journal of Physical Chemistry A (2008). In Press.
- S.A. Mang, M.L. Walser, X. Pan, J.-H. Xing, A.P. Bateman, J.S. Underwood, A.L. Gomez, J. Park, and S.A. Nizkorodov. ‘Photochemistry of Secondary Organic Aerosol Formed from Oxidation of Monoterpenes’ inAtmospheric Aerosols: Characterization, Chemistry, and Modeling (ACS Symposium Series)
Valsaraj, K. T., Kommalapati, R. R., Eds., (2008). In Press.
- S.A. Mang, M.L. Walser, J.M. Laux, and S.A. Nizkorodov. ‘Measurement of ozone emission and particle removal rates from portable air purifiers’ Journal of Chemical Education (2008). Submitted.
- CHEM 101: Principles of Chemistry I
- CHEM 102: Principles of Chemistry II
- CHEM 102L: Introductory Chemistry Lab I
- CHEM 300: Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 311L: Advanced Laboratory I
- CHEM 312L: Advanced Laboratory II
- CHEM 461: Advanced Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- CHEM 420: Computer Applications in Chemistry