Office: MEYR 549E
Research Faculty, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2022
Postdoctoral Fellowship, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, 2021
Ph.D., Washington State University, Pullman, 2017
Drug Disposition and Response
My laboratory employs innovative mass spectrometry imaging-based multi-omics strategies and biochemical approaches to understand the mechanistic differences in drug responses and disposition. Additionally, we focus on deciphering abnormal regulation of lipid metabolism in brain cells in aging and neurodegenerative diseases.
Analytical, Biochemistry, Toxicology, and Imaging
- Seneviratne, H.K., Dalisay, D.S., Kim, K.-W., Moinuddin, S.G.A., Yang, H., Davin, L.B., and Lewis, N.G. (2015). Non-host disease resistance response in pea (Pisum sativum) pods: Biochemical function of DRR-206 and phytoalexin pathway localization. Phytochemistry, 113: 140-148.
- Seneviratne, H.K., Hendrix, C.W., Fuchs, E.J., and Bumpus, N.N. (2018). MALDI mass spectrometry imaging reveals heterogeneous distribution of tenofovir and tenofovir diphosphate in colorectal tissue of subjects receiving a tenofovir-containing enema. Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics, 367: 40-48.
- Heck, C.J.S., Seneviratne, H.K., and Bumpus, N.N. (2020). Twelfth-position deuteration of nevirapine reduces 12-hydroxy-nevirapine formation and nevirapine-induced hepatocyte death. Journal of Medicinal Chemistry: Special Issue on Drug Metabolism and Toxicology, 63: 6561-6574.
- Seneviratne, H.K., Hamlin, A.N., Heck, C.J.S., and Bumpus, N.N. (2020). Spatial distribution profiles of emtricitabine, tenofovir, efavirenz, and rilpivirine in murine tissues following in vivo dosing correlate with their safety profiles in humans. ACS Pharmacology and Translational Science, 3: 655-665.
- Seneviratne, H.K†., Tillotson, J†., Lade, J.M., Bekker, L.G., Li, S., Pathak, S., Justman, J., Mgodi, N., Swaminathan, S., Sista, N., Farrior, J., Richardson, P., Hendrix, C.W., and Bumpus, N.N. (2021). Metabolism of long acting rilpivirine following intramuscular injection: HIV Prevention Trials Network Study 076 (HPTN 076). AIDS Research and Human Retroviruses, 37: 173-183.
- Seneviratne, H.K., Hamlin, A.N., Li, S., Grinsztejn, B., Dawood, H., Liu, A.Y., Kuo, I., Hosseinipour, M.C., Panchia, R., Cottle, L., Chau, G., Adeyeye, A., Rinehart, A.R., McCauley, M., Eron, J.J., Cohen, M.S., Landovitz, R.J., Hendrix, C.W., and Bumpus, N.N. (2021). Identification of novel UGT1A1 variants including UGT1A1 454C>A through the genotyping of healthy participants of the HPTN 077 study. ACS Pharmacology and Translational Science, 4, 1: 226-239.