Office: MEYR 247A
Professor and Chair
Dr. Rosenzweig’s research program aims to develop new techniques for the synthesis of luminescent and magnetic nanomaterials and utilize them in a wide range of applications including biomedical imaging, biosensors, and photovoltaics. Current research projects in the laboratory involve the synthesis of luminescent semiconductor nanomaterials and their toxicity testing in zebra fish models, and the synthesis of complex composite nanomaterials with unique luminescent properties that could be used in optical coding applications. Another important area of research is the replacement of currently used toxic and rare nanomaterials with benign and earth abundant nanomaterials to minimize adverse effects on human health and the environment while reducing the cost of nanotechnology applications.
- Heimann, J. E.; Williams, T. H.; Bennett, J. W.; Rosenzweig, Z. “Baltimore SCIART: A Fully Virtual Undergraduate Research Experience at the Interface of Computational Chemistry and Art.” J. Chem. Educ. 2021, 98, 3172-3179 (Link to Manuscript)
- Heimann, J. E.; Grimes, R.; Rosenzweig, Z.; Bennett, J. W. “A Density Functional Theory (DFT) Investigation of How Small Molecules and Atmospheric Pollutants Relevant to Art Conservation Adsorb on Kaolinite.” Appl. Clay Sci. 2021, 206, 106075 Link to Manuscript
- Richard P. Brown, Miranda J. Gallagher, D. Howard Fairbrother, and Zeev Rosenzweig. Synthesis and Degradation of Cadmium-Free InP and InPZn/ZnS Quantum Dots in Solution. Langmuir, 2018, 34 (46), 13924-13934.
- Denise N. Williams, Sunipa Pramanik, Richard P. Brown, Bo Zhi, Eileen McIntire, Natalie V. Hudson-Smith, Christy L. Haynes, and Zeev Rosenzweig. Adverse Interactions of Luminescent Semiconductor Quantum Dots with Liposomes and Shewanella oneidensis. ACS Applied Nano Materials. 2018, 1 (9), 4788–4800.
- Miranda J. Gallagher, Joseph T. Buchman, Tian A. Qiu, Bo Zhi, Taeyjuana Y. Lyons, Kaitlin M. Landy, Zeev Rosenzweig, Christy L. Haynes, and D. Howard Fairbrother. Release, detection and toxicity of fragments generated during artificial accelerated weathering of CdSe/ZnS and CdSe quantum dot polymer composites. Nanosensing: Materials and Devices 2018, 5, 1694-1710.
- Zheng Zheng, Julia Saar, Bo Zhi, Tian A. Qiu, Miranda J. Gallagher, D. Howard Fairbrother, Christy L. Haynes, Karen Lienkamp, and Zeev Rosenzweig. Structure–Property Relationships of Amine-rich and Membrane-Disruptive Poly(oxonorbornene)-Coated Gold Nanoparticles. Langmuir 2018, 34 (15), 4614-4625.
- Bo Zhi, Yi Cui, Shengyang Wang, Benjamin P. Frank, Denise N. Williams, Richard P. Brown, Eric S. Melby, Robert J. Hamers, Zeev Rosenzweig, D. Howard Fairbrother, Galya Orr, and Christy L. Haynes. Malic Acid Carbon Dots: From Super-resolution Live-Cell Imaging to Highly Efficient Separation. ACS Nano 2018, 12, 5741-5752.
- Susan N. Pham, Joshua E. Kuether, Miranda J. Gallagher, Rodrigo Tapia Hernandez, Denise N. Williams, Bo Zhi, Arielle C. Mensch, Robert J. Hamers, Zeev Rosenzweig, Howard Fairbrother, Miriam O.P. Krause, Z. Vivian Feng, and Christy L. Haynes. Carbon Dots: A Modular Activity to Teach Fluorescence and Nanotechnology at Multiple Levels. Journal of Chemical Education 2017, 94 (8), 1143-1149.
- Bo Zhi, Miranda J. Gallagher, Benjamin P. Frank, Taeyjuana Y. Lyons, Tian A. Qiu, Joseph Da, Arielle C. Mensch, Robert J. Hamers, Zeev Rosenzweig, D. Howard Fairbrother, and Christy L. Haynes. Investigation of phosphorous doping effect on polymeric carbon dots: Fluorescence, photo stability and environmental impact. Carbon 2017, 129.