Office: MEYR 243A
|Pulsed Electrochemical Detection|
- Lu, Hua; Salimian, Sasan; Gamelin, Emily; Wang, Guoying; Fedorowski, Jennifer; LaCourse, William; Greenberg, Jean, Genetic analysis of acd6-1 reveals complex defense networks and leads to identification of novel defense genes in Arabidopsis, The Plant Journal, 2008, submitted for publication.
- S. Ge, H. Lam, S.J. Modi, W.R. LaCourse, G. Rao, and L. Tolosa, Comparing the Performance of the Optical Glucose Assay Based on Glucose Binding Protein with HPAEC-PED: Efforts to Design a Low-Cost-Point-of-Care Glucose Sensor. J. of Diabetes Science and Tech., 2007, 1(6), 864-872.
- An improved method to detect ethyl glucuronide in urine using reversed-phase liquid chromatography and pulsed electrochemical detection, R. Kaushik, and W.R. LaCourse, Anal. Chim. Acta, 2007, 576(2), 239-245.
- Determination of ethyl glucuronide in urine using reversed-phase HPLC and pulsed electrochemical detection (Part II), Kaushik, R.; LaCourse, W. R.; Levine, B. Anal. Chim. Acta, 2006, 556(2), 267-274.
- A brief review: HPLC methods to directly detect drug glucuronides in biological matrices (Part I). Kaushik, R.; Levine, B.; LaCourse, W. R. Anal. Chim. Acta, 2006, 556(2), 255-266.
- Application of Photoassisted Electrochemical Detection to Explosive-Containing Environmental Samples. Marple, R. L.; LaCourse, W.R. Anal. Chem., 2005, 77(20), 6709-6714.
- Microelectrode applications of pulsed electrochemical detection. LaCourse, W. R.; Modi, S. J. Electroanalysis, 2005, 17(13), 1141-1152.
- A platform for on-site environmental analysis of explosives using high performance liquid chromatography with UV absorbance and photo-assisted electrochemical detection. Marple, R. L.; LaCourse, W. R. Talanta, 2005, 66(3), 581-590.
Honors and Awards
- CHEM 100: The Chemical World
- CHEM 101: Principles of Chemistry I
- CHEM 102: Principles of Chemistry II
- CHEM 300: Analytical Chemistry
- CHEM 461: Advanced Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- CHEM 398: Lead, Science and Society
- CHEM 399: Tutorial Projects in Chemistry
- CHEM 499: Undergraduate Research
- CHEM 490: Special Topics in Chemistry
|In the Faraday Cage|
|The LaCourse Group – 2005|
Research in the LaCourse group involves the development of tools and methodology for the determination of polar aliphatic compounds (e.g., carbohydrates, amines, and sulfur-containing moieties with weak chromophores) in a variety of matrices. Hence, our research interests include basic and applied research on hydrodynamic electroanalytical techniques, adsorption phenomena at noble metal electrodes,practically all chromatographic techniques including capillary electrophoresis, and advanced sample preparation techniques (e.g., microdialysis and pressurized-fluid extraction). The LaCourse group is known world wide for its research on Pulsed Electrochemical Detection.